Printing at CCI Commons
Each of the eight lab machines near the windows and the two computers near the printers all have the CCI Commons printers added already. For convenience, you can use these by pulling up a document through email or OneDrive etc after you login. This guide below is for manually adding the printers to your MacOS or Windows machine.
***These printers are also black and white ONLY.***
- Go to apple icon > "System Preferences" > "Printers & Scanners."
Click the + in the lower right hand corner to start adding the CCI Commons printer(s).
- Now make sure you are on the network "globe" icon at the top in order to add the printer through hostname/IP address.
- After that, you will need to type in either CCICommonsPrint.cci.drexel.edu ---or--- CCICommonsPrint2.cci.drexel.edu
Once you are done typing in that address, you can click the "Add" button. You do not need to change any other settings on this screen.
- On the next screen, make sure to check the box for "Duplex Printing Unit."
- After you hit "Ok" you can rename the printer by right clicking on the column. Type in whatever you want to name it, but the recommended name is:
- If you want to add the other secondary printer, the process is the same, but the hostname is CCICommonsPrint2.cci.drexel.edu
You are all set for Mac printing!
Windows 10 Instructions
- Go to the Start or Windows menu, search for "Settings."
- Hit the "+" icon to start the search for printers on the network. You will then want to scroll down till you see the hyperlink "The printer that I want isn't listed."
- Once you hit that hyperlink, you will have a prompt to input a printer manually. You will choose the "Add printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname", and then hit the "Next" button.
- After you hit "next" you will see a box to fill out. You will need to type in: CCICommonsPrint.cci.drexel.edu ---or--- CCICommonsPrint2.cci.drexel.edu. The port name will autofill according to the hostname or TCP/IP address, so you do not need to worry about inputting that.
- Hit "next" and you will be prompted to choose a network card for the printer. You can continue past this as the default setting is fine.
- Since the printers in the CCI Commons are from HP, you will most likely need to run a Windows update to pull new drivers into this list. Click the "Windows Update" button & wait a few minutes for the new drivers to show up into the list.
- After choosing this specific driver, click the "next" button to continue. You will then need to name the printer, the recommended name is CCI Commons Print ---or--- CCI Commons Print 2
- After you hit "next," you will be prompted to share or not share the printer on the network. Choose "do not share." Otherwise, the install may error out.
- After hitting another "next," you will see a "Print test page" screen. It is recommended to do a test print with your device to make sure the printer added correctly. If your test print comes out correctly in black in white then you are all set!
- Try updating Windows 10 drivers more thoroughly at Properly Update Windows 10 & Drivers in Windows 10.
- For CCI Commons printers, we recommend using HP LaserJet M606 Drivers.
- For single and double-sided instructions look at Printing Single and Double-sided in browser
- If you have any further questions, feel free to ask at the CCI Commons Helpdesk & a Student Assistant will be happy to help you get the printer added to your laptop.
- Also, questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are a CCI student, staff, or faculty member.