Open an RDP file on a Mac
This page serves as a guide to open RDP files on a MacBook.
- If your final project instructions mention VCL at all, or a former assignment in the course does, refer to this link: https://support.cci.drexel.edu/cci-virtual-lab-resources/virtual-computing-lab-vcl-duplicate/
- Otherwise, skip the link above and follow the next steps.
Not using VCL
If you are not using VCL
- You can download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop (MS RDP) from the Apple App Store on your Mac laptop.
- Link below should open the Apple App store app on your Mac: https://apps.apple.com/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id1295203466?mt=12
- Install MS RDP on your Mac, and then open the app.
- Make sure PC's tab/option is selected.
- Click Connections menu, or the circled ... icon.
- Click "Import from RDP."
- Double-click the new rectangle (connection) that appears to connect. Or single click a rectangle (connection) and then click the circled ... icon or pencil icon to edit the connection, or for other options.
- You'll be asked for a username and password.
- The computer you are connecting to HAS to be set-up to allow remote desktop connections.
If you need to set-up a RDP connection, or if the above steps do not work.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Course subject code (CS, INFO, CST, SE, DSCI, etc)
- Course number
- Name of the instructor
- Let us know where to find the particular assignment in the Bb Learn course section for this course
- Your operating system
- And include screenshots of how far you get or what errors you encounter.
The above information is necessary to assist you.