Apple Mail -- Delete a Mail Account
If you need to delete an Apple Mail account
for some reason, here's how.
We use a Drexel Office 365 email account here as an example.
But deleting other types of accounts from Apple Mail should be very similar.
1. Close Microsoft Outlook, if it is open.
2. Close Apple Mail, if it is open.
3. Click the Apple icon in upper left of your Mac desktop.
4. Select "System Preferences.
5. Click "Internet Accounts."
6. Select the Mail account to delete in the left panel.
(a) Then click the - or minus sign in the lower left.
7. Click "OK" to confirm it is okay to delete this Mail account.
8. The Mail account will no longer appear in the left panel.
9. Click red circle in upper left to close window.