Student Webpages on Tux
Explanation: All CCI students have a Tux account, and are able to host web pages through their CS Account on the
tux system (tux.cs.drexel.edu).
- Log into Tux (tux.cs.drexel.edu) using your Drexel userid and Drexel password.
This will require some kind of a command line terminal with SSH enabled.
See Tux Login and Connections
- Locate/move to the "public_html" directory within your home directory.
Use your Drexel userid in place of abc123.
Example: cd ~abc123/public_html/
Note: things in this directory can be accessed through your public Drexel link
- Create/Relocate file in the "public_html" directory and set permission level to 664
Location Example: cd ~abc123/public_html/helloWorld.html
List Files/Folders command to find helloWorld.html Example: ls
- Permission example: chmod 664 /home/abc123/public_html/helloWorld.html
- Access files through public Drexel web link.
Path names are determined stemming from your "public_html" directory
index.html files can be used to set base pages for directories including "public_html"
Please also see: