Zoom -- Pre-Assign Participants to Breakout Rooms
For Drexel students, staff, faculty, or instructors, you must use their long-form Drexel email address.
- Drexel long-form email addresses go to the same email inbox as Drexel short-form or abc123 or userid email addresses.
- DU IT for some reason likes to use the long-form email address in Bb Learn and Zoom and such.
We're not sure why, but yes, it's silly.
- Look up each person by last-name, first-name in the Drexel directory website below.
- Sometimes short-form email addresses work,
but it’s almost always best to use the long-form email addresses first,
and then try the short-form email.
IMPORTANT & HELPFUL NOTE!
- During a Zoom meeting, the Host can click the Breakout Rooms icon,
click the gear icon,
and check a box to allow participants to choose their own breakout rooms,
if you want to allow your students or meeting participants to choose their own Breakout Rooms.