Technical Support in Bb Learn or Drexel Learn at CCI
*CCI Tech Support cannot add students to course sections used for courses taken for credit at Drexel
Overview Video of Bb Learn
- Geared more to students, but helpful for anyone not used to Bb Learn
Instructor Blackboard Learn Help
- Bb Learn Helper - bookmarklet to find targeted help on any Bb Learn page
- Blackboard Learn Help for CCI Instructors and Staff
- CCI Faculty and Staff -- Work from Home
- Qualtrics Survey
- Recording Video on a Computer and Adding to Bb Learn -- aka Screen Record
See student section below as well.
Unable to Login to Bb Learn or Access Bb Learn?
Try visiting the Blackboard (Bb) Learn or Drexel Learn website DIRECTLY.
NOT through DrexelOne. Not through a link sent to you in an email, even if it's from your professor
When you do so, make sure you using the web address below.
You will login with the same credentials that you use to login to Drexel One.
If this doesn't help, proceed to the next sections.
Still No Access or Login? Try Another Web Browser
If you can't get the Bb Learn website to load at all in your internet browser...
try a different internet browser or web browser.
Only use one of the internet browsers listed below on a laptop or desktop computer for this.
These browsers are either free downloads or come pre-installed on computers.
- Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Safari: pre-installed on Mac
- Edge: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/download
Edge is pre-installed on Windows 10 and 11 computers and laptops and devices.
Do NOT use Internet Explorer!!
You likely tried one of the above already. So try one of the others. Yes, Brave and Vivaldi and Opera or others often do work fine, but they are not officially supported, and not recommended if you are having issues.
If you get the same results in a different internet browser... try what's in the next sections.
Using Drexel VPN
Another option that has been helpful with accessing Bb Learn in the past, as well as accessing Drexel websites and web services that have to be accessed on Drexel's network.
If you are having issues accessing Bb Learn, or a Drexel site or service, get on Drexel's VPN & try to access Bb Learn from there.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a way for you to be on Drexel's network even when you are not physically on Drexel's campus, and this often helps access Drexel online resources that aren't normally available off site.
Instructions below on how to Install Drexel's Cisco AnyConnect VPN app and configure it.
Drexel's VPN is the Cisco AnyConnect application you install on your laptop or computer or device, and be sure the app is set to connect to vpn.drexel.edu .
Do not merely visit https:// vpn.drexel.edu in your web browser! You only download the app from there.
If you use the Authenticator app for MFA/2FA/2SV, you'll often need to unlock your phone, open the Authenticator app and tap the ... and/or circling arrow to check for notifications. MFA must be approved to connect to the VPN.
Still Cannot Access Bb Learn? Other Suggestions
Set Network DNS to Cloudlfare 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
While the above VPN solution often seems to work, if you want to see to try and find a way not to use the VPN above when accessing Bb Learn or Drexel Learn, we've had more permanent success with setting your DNS address on wifi or other networks that have had issues connecting to Cloudflare's 188.8.131.52 with back-up of 184.108.40.206 .
Xfinity/Comcast in particular seems to use a DNS resolver host address that has had issues with Drexel websites and services.
Also, doing this often results in a much more stable and slightly faster internet experience, and is something our Assistant Director of Platforms and Technology Support does all the time.
More instructions about how to set this are at the link below.
Clear Your Cache
If you can get this working in a web browser but not your preferred web browser, try clearing your cache in your preferred web browser. See the following website for help with this.
Forgot Bb Learn Password?If you forgot your Bb Learn password, see:
If your Bb Learn login credentials (username and password) aren't working, then contact the Drexel Accounts Office using one of the methods below.
- Drexel Accounts Office Phone: 215-895-2020
- Drexel Accounts Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drexel Accounts Office Website: http://drexel.edu/it/help/a-z/accounts/
Class Recordings or Live Broadcasts
See the following pages for help accessing echo360 on-campus class recordings or live broadcasts
Note that some echo360 recordings may only be available with instructor permission for students who have legitimate reasons for not attending class on-campus.
And some on-campus classes may not be recorded at all.
- echo360 -- First Use in Bb Learn
- echo360 -- Troubleshooting Recording Playback Issues
- echo360 -- Troubleshooting Live Broadcast Issues
Assignment and Discussion Board Submission Help
The following webpages provide assistance to anyone trying to submit an assignment or test in Bb Learn.
Discussion Board Help
- Video -- Discussion Board Use
- Bb Learn Discussion Boards -- Subscribing by Email, or Email Notifications
- Bb Learn Discussion Boards -- Adding a Link to a Post
- Bb Learn Discussion Boards -- Attaching a File to a Post
- Bb Learn Discussion Boards -- Tree View
Bb Learn Assignment Help
The above webpage will help with many common submission issues.
Turnitin Direct Assignment Help
Create or Convert Word or Excel or Powerpoint or PDF Files
Find Feedback, Comments, or Grades
The following webpages provide assistance to anyone trying to find grades on assignments or tests, or looking for feedback or comments from instructors on submissions.
- Bb Learn Assignments -- How Students View Feedback
- Bb Learn Discussion Boards -- Troubleshooting
- Bb Learn Grade Center -- How Students View Grades
- Same page as Bb Learn Assignments -- How Students View Feedback
Contact Drexel ITG Blackboard Support
Drexel ITG Blackboard frequently helps students and instructors with Bb Learn technical issues.
Students, please provide Drexel ITG Blackboard Support with any information you recorded from following the above instructions and describe the issue to them
Below are various ways to contact Drexel ITG Blackboard Support.
- Phone: (215) 895-1224 (24/7 availability).
If you are out of the country, international phone charges may apply.
- Email: email@example.com
When emailing Drexel ITG, please include your Drexel username, course subj code, course number, and section number, and your hostname.
More Student Blackboard Learn Help
- Azure Dev Tools - Visio, Project, and Other Microsoft Downloads
- Bb Collaborate Ultra
- Echo360 Troubleshooting Live Broadcast Issues
- Oracle or SQL at https://linux.cci.drexel.edu
- VMware vCenter or vsphere