Zoom -- Quick Test Before First Real Use
For Drexel CCI faculty, staff, students.
- Log into Zoom via https://drexel.zoom.us
(a) Use Drexel userid & password.
- Choose "Sign In Standard"
- Click "HOST A MEETING" (upper right).
- Click "With Video Off" (or "On" -- your choice).
(a) If prompted: Click to install Zoom
- Click "Open with zoom" or zoom.us .
(a) If prompted: Enter name/email if prompted.
- Click "Join With Computer Audio."
- Click & try microphone icon -- moving color fill in icon indicates audio picking up
- Click & try camera -- you'll see yourself
- Click & try Share -- Choose your computer screen and click "Share" again in lower right.
After You Join a Zoom Meeting -- Just Once per Computer
- Zoom -- SSO Single Sign-On and Host Sign-In
- Once you do the above,
if you click a Zoom meeting link that you created/scheduled,
you will enter as a Host.
And for other Zoom meetings links, you will enter with your Drexel Account.
Learn Your Personal Meeting ID
Only give this out to co-workers or people you trust not to abuse it.
- Go to https://drexel.zoom.us in a new web browser tab.
- Click Profile.
- Look in Personal Meeting ID section
for your personal Zoom meeting link & Meeting ID.
- Use that for instant Zoom meetings.
- Write down your personal Zoom meeting link & Meeting ID.
Keep it where you can get to it easily.
Scheduling a Zoom Meeting
If you want to try scheduling a Zoom meeting, see link below.
More Zoom Info
- Our Zoom page