Matterport & 360 camera instructions - virtual tour -- Article Listing
Set up your 360 camera
Gather and assemble all equipment and software
- 360 camera -- if you are the INSTA360 ONE X, you will need to insert a formatted SD card before scanning
- Supported Apple iPad or iPhone -- Iphone 6s or later , Ipad Pro, 6th generation, Air 2, or later
- Matterport Capture App -- Download Matterport from the App Store
- Set Tripod to eye level -- 5ft or 1.5m high, make sure that the tripod legs are stable
- Attach the 360 camera to the tripod -- make sure that the camera is well fastened.
- Pair your iOS device with your 360 camera --Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Select Camera's Wi-Fi network
Scan a Space
- Open the Matterport App on your iOS device
- Click on "+" icon at the bottom right of the screen
- A new window will open up, fill out the optional description fields -- you can also fill them out later
- Click on "Save" to continue
- Choose your starting point
- Click on "Capture 3D Scan" -- Make sure to leave the general area during the capture process, then will spin 360 degrees and will capture you if you are inside the scan radius
- Choose the next placement point for your camera -- Move the camera 5-8ft from your starting point, make sure there is a clear line of sight to your starting point.
- Repeat the last two steps until the property is scanned.
Note: The maximum supported number of scans is 200, or about 10,000 square feet. Sites nearing 200 scans typically take 24-48 hours to process. Consider splitting the site into two or more models.”
Also, when scanning areas with mirrors and windows, it is easier to mark the windows and mirrors as you go through rather than waiting until all the scans are done. You will have a chance of getting confused and putting a window or mirror in the wrong spot.
If you’re scanning an area with multiple floors, you will need to scan the stairs and start your second floor at the top of the stairs. Click to visit this link for more assistance about scanning an area with multiple floors.
Upload your scan
- When you are done scanning, turn off your camera, then connect your iOS device to the internet.
- Log into Matter Cloud from Capture -- if you do not have an account, check your "Welcome" e-mail for instructions on creating a new account.
- Mark all windows and mirrors -- Use the "trim" tool to crop out excess scan data for a clean finish. Make sure to place trim markers just outside of exterior walls.
- Upload -- Click on the "Upload" button to send the model to Matterport Cloud for processing.
- Matterport will construct a 3D space out of your scans, then e-mail you when it is completed. This usually takes a few hours.
Using the 360-camera RICOH THETA V
- Charging the camera
Connect the camera to your computer using the provided USB cable to charge it.
The power lamp lights green during charging and goes out when the camera is fully recharged. (The lamp flashes in green when the remaining battery level is low.)
- Installing computer application "RICOH THETA"
Download the app suitable for your computer. -- For Windows users (start downloading), For Mac users (start downloading)
Double click the file downloaded and install it following the on-screen instructions. When a screen as shown in the diagram below appears, the installation is complete.
- Checking the camera firmware version
- Start computer app"RICOH THETA".
- Select [File] → [Firmware Update] in the menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to connect the camera to your computer using the provided USB cable.-- Internet connection of the computer is necessary.
- Click [OK] and Check the firmware version. -- If the firmware isn't the latest version, update it according to the message.
- After checking the firmware version, click [OK] and disconnect the USB cable.
- Step 4: Installing smartphone app "RICOH THETA"
Access a site to download smartphone apps and search for "RICOH THETA" Or install the app from the link below.
Connecting / Setting
- Starting the camera
Press and hold the power button. Camera status lamp flashes in blue slowly during startup.
When the camera is ready for use, the Camera status lamp lights in blue.
- Connecting the camera to a smartphone
Press the wireless button. The wireless lamp flashes in blue.
Display the Wi-Fi™ settings of the smartphone.
Check the serial number printed at the bottom of the camera. -- The serial number printed at the bottom of the camera is the same as the SSID and password.
Select "THETA*******.OSC" from the network list and enter the password. -- "*********" of SSID part is indicated by (B).
The password is indicated by (A).
When the wireless lamp lights in blue, the camera is connected to the smartphone.
- Starting the smartphone app "RICOH THETA"
Start "RICOH THETA" app on the smartphone.
Tap "Cam imagpes" on the bottom left of the screen.
- Checking and changing the camera settings
Change [Change Wi-Fi password]/[Sleep mode]/[Camera shutter volume]/Transfer method].
For more support, visit the links below: