Kaltura Drexel Streams -- Allow Downloads
Introduction & Notes
In order to allow downloads in a Bb Learn course section, you have to copy/paste in an "Unlisted" direct link to a Kaltura Drexel Streams video, and anyone with the link can play or download the video.
- Downloading Drexel Streams or Kaltura video is NOT necessary, generally.
- You can play Drexel Streams or Kaltura videos fine in your web browser.
- If you are not the creator/owner of the video, downloading a video is complicated.
- Downloading video is not necessary for submitting assignments, generally.
- Few instructors need it. A few may want it, and will tell you that, but very, very, very few will actually need it.
- Recordings cannot be downloaded from an embedded player window in Bb Learn.
- Links to the video on the Drexel Streams website can allow downloads.
- Find & click your video under "My Media" in Kaltura Drexel Streams.
- Scroll down. Click "ACTIONS" > "Edit" > "Downloads" > "Source" checkbox > "Save."
- Click "Go to Media" to return to normal view of video.
- Scroll down. Click "ACTIONS" > "Publish" > "Unlisted" > "Save."
The video will be viewable by anyone with the link.
No Drexel login required.
If you want people to login to see the video (otherwise go to next step):
you need to create a channel (just once) that only people with Drexel accounts can access in Kaltura Drexel Streams.
Scroll up & click your name in the upper right. Click "My Channels." Enter "Drexel CCI Videos" for "Name (Required)." Scroll down to "Privacy" & select "Restricted." Click "Save."
Go back to the video.
Now, for this and any future videos you want in this channel:
click "ACTIONS" > "Publish" > "Public" > check "Drexel CCI Videos" > "Save."
- Click "Share" (under the video).
Copy/paste the link to the video into your Bb Learn course section,
or where you wish to share this video.
The video can be viewed by anyone with the the link.
The methods we offer above are easiest to implement.
Another method is to host your videos within your OneDrive folder and setting the share option so anyone can download the videos who has the share link for the OneDrive folder. Or limit the share to anyone at Drexel. Link below explains how to do this.
You could also create your own Kaltura Drexel Streams channels and manage user enrollment for them, but that is a lot of extra work for what might be very little result.
If you want to try one of these other methods:
To share the video in Kaltura Drexel Streams, you may also want to look making someone a co-viewer, co-editor, or co-publisher. They need to find the video in Kaltura Drexel Streams under "My Media" once you do this.