See video below.
More FileZilla tips
- Go to https://filezilla-project.org and download the FileZilla Client for your operating system.
- In the top-left corner, click File > Site Manager...
- On the right-hand side, select STFP as the protocol
Type tux.cs.drexel.edu in the Host field
Enter your Drexel ID (abc123) in the User field
- On the left-hand side, select and rename the site to a preferred name such as "tux". When done, click Connect.
- Enter your Drexel password. Also, check the box to remember the password until FileZilla is closed.
- You now have access to your Tux via FileZilla GUI
- You can drag-and-drop your files from your local computer to the remote Tux server.
- You can also drag-and-drop from your remote Tux server to your local computer.
- Be careful transferring files to locations that have a file with the same name. Determine if you want to overwrite this file.
- To set your default text editor, go to Edit > Settings... in the top-left corner.
On the left-hand side, find and click on File editing. Click Use custom editor radio button > Browse...
Find your preferred text editor (Notepad++ recommended). Click Open > OK to save your changes.
- To edit a file, right-click the file and click on View/Edit.
After you have finished editing and saving your file, you will get up a pop-up that the file has changed. Click Yes to update the file on the remote Tux server.