Set-up a Free Zoom Account
Drexel CCI faculty, staff, and students should *NOT* use a free Drexel account. INSTEAD, they should use the Drexel Pro Zoom accounts at https://drexel.zoom.us .
Non-Drexel people do NOT need to sign in to join a Zoom meeting usually.
They just need a Zoom meeting link or ID, and to click "Join" on the Drexel Zoom or regular Zoom home page, and enter the info there.
- Visit https://zoom.us
- Click “SIGN UP FREE.”
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create a free Zoom account.
- Login to Zoom if necessary.
- Click “HOST A MEETING.”
- Click “With Video On” or “With Video Off” (your choice).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to host a meeting with no else there to test out Zoom.
You then will likely be taken through how to download and install Zoom on your computer.
- If necessary, open the downloaded application to install it.
- Enter a name and email before joining the meeting.
- Once in the meeting, click “Join Audio Conference by Computer.”
- Look for color in the microphone to change as you speak.
That will let you know it's working.
- If you have audio problems,
dial-in by telephone using the information below.
Your experience hosting a free Zoom meeting with no one else attending will be very similar to what you see in the actual meeting in Zoom.
Optional additional information on Zoom can be found at the following webpage: