Zoom -- Captions and Transcripts
Everyone at Drexel has a Zoom Pro account at https://drexel.zoom.us
Always use https://drexel.zoom.us for your Drexel Zoom meetings, and click “Sign in Standard.”
If you record a Zoom session, you can get machine-generated auto-captioning,
by doing the following before you start the Zoom meeting
(and you can leave it enabled for future Zoom meetings).
Do these steps just once.
- Visit https://drexel.zoom.us , click “Sign In Standard,” & login.
- Click “Settings.”
- Click “Recording."
- Make sure “Audio transcript” is checked (and click “Save” if you make changes).
Do these steps after each recording.
- Wait 3 hour recording could take 5-7 hours or up to 1 day to process.
Shorter recordings usually take less time.
Make sure you clicked “End Meeting for All” at end of meeting and didn’t just leave the meeting,
or your processing/wait time will be delayed until the meeting ends itself after 24 hours.
- After the recording is ready (or to check if it's ready),
go to https://drexel.zoom.us ,
click “Sign In Standard,”
& click “Recordings."
- Click the recording, and download the .srt or .vtt “audio transcript.”
A .srt or .vtt file is a plain text (a file with only text and no formatting) that has time stamps in a certain format.
You should be able to open it in Microsoft Word.
Contact email@example.com if you have issues.
If you need the timestamps removed,
see Zoom -- Closed Captioning and Removing TimeStamps