Kaltura Drexel Streams -- Share Audio or Video with Non-Drexel Users or Sharing with Anyone
Drexel Streams at https://drexel.edu/it/streams lets you modify the sharing permissions to Unlisted on videos you upload and quickly copy a link you can paste into emails or anywhere to share with others. Unlisted is much better than any Published video option for this, generally. You have to UPLOAD videos to Kaltura or Drexel Streams first. For how to do that, see: Adding Media to Bb Learn via Kaltura or Drexel Streams . This is ALSO a useful way of just copy/pasting in a usable link into discussion board posts & assignment submissions in Bb Learn.If not yourself, consult with the owner/creator of the audio or video before sharing the video with Non-Drexel Users.
- Login to Kaltura Drexel Streams at https://drexel.edu/it/streams
To upload a video:
Click "+ADD NEW" > "Media Upload."
Agree to terms and conditions.
Click "+Choose a file to upload."
Follow on-screen instructions.
- Click "My Media."
- Search for the Kaltura video you want to share.
If you are not the video owner,
click "View Media I Own"
to see videos where you are a publisher or editor.
- Click on the video you want to share.
- Click "Actions."
- Click "Publish."
- Select "Unlisted."
"Published" does not make videos "Public".
- Click "Save."
- Click the "Share" button.
- Copy the link provided and share with others via email or other methods.
- Try again.
Sometimes Kaltura or Drexel Streams has flukes.
- Also, close/re-open your web browser.
- Or try a different web browser.
- If the video is said to be incompatible or too large,
Handbrake has been the free go-to for a long time to quickly solve those issues.
See Handbrake -- Smaller Video File Size or Converting Video