Kaltura Drexel Streams -- Adding Media to Bb Learn -- Student Instructions
Creating Videos & Screen Recordings to Upload
- While you can record video and even screen record in Kaltura,
there are lots of free options for you, all covered at the link below.
Recording Video on a Computer and Adding to Bb Learn -- aka Screen Record
- Zoom is covered above as well.
You definitely can host a 1-person meeting & record yourself and/or your screen.
And the Zoom recording will auto-upload (auto-backup) to Kaltura or Drexel Streams.
If you login to Zoom with your Drexel username/password
using the SSO or Single Sign-On option.
For more, see:
Zoom -- Add Videos to Bb Learn using Kaltura Drexel Streams
Upload/Post Videos in Bb Learn with Kaltura
Kaltura is an embedded tool that lets you easily embed your uploaded Drexel Streams videos into Bb Learn assignment or discussion board or more.
Quick Instructions -- Submit by *Assignment Submission Link*
- Click the Assignment Submission link for your video presentation in the Bb Learn course section.
- Click "Write Submission" button on the Assignment submission page.
- In the large text box, click the ... icon on the far right.
Expands the toolbar, if not already expanded.
You'll see 2 rows of toolbars after that.
- Click the circled + sign.
- Select the "Kaltura Media Item."
- Wait for it to load.
- If you haven't uploaded your video yet:
Click "+Add New."
Click "Media Upload."
Choose a file to upload.
Find the video file on your computer & select/open the video file to upload it.
Click "Save and Embed."
- If you already uploaded a video to Kaltura or Drexel Streams:
Click "Save and Embed" video next to the video you want to submit.
The video should appear in the large text box.
Click "Submit" to submit your video presentation.
Quick Instructions -- Submitting through *Discussion Board*
NOTE: It looks like DU IT & Blackboard removed the circled + sign icon (even after clicking the ... icon) in the Discussion Board toolbar. But the method below does not rely on this, and this method will still work.
- Students: visit https://drexel.edu/it/streams
Login with Drexel Connect userid & password, if prompted.
The Drexel Streams (Kaltura) website will appear.
- If video is already uploaded,
Click "My Media."
- If video not uploaded:
Click "+Add New" > "Media Upload" to upload a video.
Wait for it to load.
Check box to agree to terms and conditions.
Click file upload area to upload video.
Find and upload video on computer.
Wait for video to upload.
Wait for "Your changes have been saved' message.
Click "Go to My Media."
- Click title of video.
- Scroll under video to "ACTIONS,"
- Click "Publish" > "Unlisted" > "Save."
- Click "Share" tab.
- Copy the link under "Link to Media Page."
- Paste the link to the video in the discussion board post/thread for submitting the presentation.
Troubleshooting & More Information
Problems Uploading - Steps to Try
- Try again.
Sometimes Kaltura or Drexel Streams has flukes.
- Also, close/re-open your web browser.
- Or try a different web browser.
- If the video is said to be incompatible or too large,
Handbrake has been the free go-to for a long time to quickly solve those issues.
- For how to us Handbrake this, see:
Handbrake -- Smaller Video File Size or Converting Video
Finding Uploaded Video, Audio, Media in Drexel Streams
It can be easier to search Drexel Streams for videos you uploaded via Kaltura to Bb Learn, rather than in Bb Learn.
Or you are in Drexel Streams and want to find a video, so here's how.
Go to Drexel Streams at:
Click "My Media" & search or browse.
- Kaltura Drexel Streams -- Embed Kaltura Audio or Video in Any Bb Learn Text Box
- DU IT's/ITG's VIDEO: Submit a Video from Drexel Streams as an Assignment in Blackboard Learn
- BE SURE to look at the next section too,
especially if the above method is not viable for submitting something for your class assignment or project.
Drexel Streams to Create Video Links for Anyone
- Drexel Streams lets you modify the sharing permissions
to Unlisted on videos you upload
and quickly copy a link you can paste into emails or anywhere to share with others.
- Unlisted is much better than any Published video option for this, generally.
- For how to do this, see:
Kaltura Drexel Streams -- Sharing Kaltura Audio or Video with Non-Drexel Users
JUST A NOTE: Drexel Streams = Kaltura... mostly.
- Drexel Streams and Kaltura are more or less the same.
- The links below DO NOT SUBMIT videos to assignments or instructors. They are just good to know for this purpose, but there's more to submitting such assignments.
- Drexel Streams is at:
& has more features.
- Kaltura is embedded in Bb Learn & lets you easily post in Bb Learn. Fewer features, though.
- Same videos. Same backend service.
- More on all of this below.
Uploading Video, Audio, Media to Drexel Streams
It sometimes is easier or more helpful to upload a video you made to Drexel Streams directly, rather than through Bb Learn.
The links below DO NOT SUBMIT videos to assignments or instructors.
They are just good to know for this purpose, but there's more to submitting such assignments.
Access Drexel Streams at:
& login with Drexel userid/password.
Click +ADD NEW > Media Upload > agree to the terms, if prompted > and then "Choose a file to upload. Follow on-screen instructions.
Again, this DOES NOT SUBMIT videos to assignments or instructors.
It just can help towards that end.
Even More Information on Kaltura or Drexel Streams
DU IT's/ITG's VIDEO TUTORIALS on Kaltura or Drexel Streams
- NOTE: You cannot make anyone a co-editor, co-publisher, or co-viewer
if that person hasn’t visited or logged into
Kaltura Drexel Streams at:
Generally, this isn't necessary, though.